Tuesday, August 16, 2011

S2S Relay!

Yes, this weekend was the Spokane to Sand Point Relay! I LOVE (repeat--LOVE) this weekend. There is nothing like bonding with women while doing something that you LOVE.
At this point, I only have about 1/8 of the pictures that we took, but let's just say that's a good thing. I think that MANY of the pictures we took will never make it onto social media!
Once again, Team 69 made its appearance at the S2S relay. This is our 3rd year. We stuck with 69 because that was truly the number that we were given our first year. It got such a rise out of people that we decided to keep it! People either love it or hate it. Actually, let me rephrase that....men love it, women hate it. It's hilarious. Plus, we try to live up to our name with our alter egos and just let loose for the weekend.
Although we are a large group of 12 and then a smaller group of 6 in each van, we also kind of have "pairs". This is my pair....Amy is the one who invited me into this the first year and I don't think she'll ever get rid of me. We always sit in the backseat and nestle in. This year was even more special because for the last two years, she and I have run in the night on some pretty scary roads. This year, we decided to combine our legs and run them together. It was AWESOME. I was able to enjoy the night run so much more. There were tons of shooting stars, incredible sounds and my best buddy right by my side. We had a glorious time just running and visiting and encouraging one another. It felt like such an accomplishment.
There really never is a dull moment at the relay. And if there is, you are trying to take a nap. Needless to say, Amy didn't look this happy when we were riding the roller coaster! (You get to ride Tremors in the middle of the night with your whole team. She HATES this part. I swear I forget that we are riding a roller coaster because I am always laughing so hard at how scared she is!)
Van decor is crucial. It makes it so much more fun. This is a picture of the rustic bus. And although it looks like crap on the outside, you should've seen the INSIDE! It was incredible and plush. These people were riding in style!
As you can see, Colleen and Lori were hoping for a ride.
Here is our team after riding the roller coaster in the middle of the night. Colleen, Sunday, Marcella, Amy, me and Lori. We have a BLAST. And pretty much, that is all I can tell you because WHAT HAPPENS IN THE VAN, STAYS IN THE VAN. :) We all know a lot about each other, have seen our daring/wacky sides (and back sides) and share another set of wonderful memories. I don't have pics of the WHOLE team yet, but hopefully I'll get some. We had an INCREDIBLE Van 2. They were young, vivacious and completely entertaining at the major exchanges. What a delight to have them join our team!
This year, I ran a total of 22 miles. It was total fun! Our team actually came in 3rd! We were only minutes behind the first two teams. Who knew??? Maybe we played a little too long at Silverwood. That's not why we do this, however. Time is never an issue. Being together, having fun, and completing the mission is all we're in it for.
Granted, you are EXHAUSTED and STINKY at the end. It takes me about a day to get myself back together, but it is worth it.

1 comment: