Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Last Hoorah of Summer

While mommy was off running her relay, the boys stayed home with Nik & Nana on Thursday and then did some "man bonding" on Friday with daddy. I think they all had a great time. They washed cars, mowed yards, went out to pizza and watched a movie in the man cave.
Saturday morning, everyone got up and drove to Spokane. The great part was that we all literally arrived at Jenn and Travis' house at the same time! (Me included) Unfortunately I had a terrible sinus headache so I was pretty worthless that first night, but my crew was fabulous in trying to make me feel better and didn't require very much out of me.
We had a blast with Travis and Jenn. Travis had cooked a gourmet meal for all of us. We enjoyed dinner with his godmother Janice and their good friend Kerri. The boys ate and ate and ate. Then, they played botchi (?) ball in the back yard. Michael took me back to the Davenport (where Nana had gotten us rooms) and let me go to bed finally! The boys were fabulous for me. They did all of their night time duties without one directive from me. The only thing I heard was loud laughing from all 3 of them at one point. I looked up and daddy & Nicholas were dancing like monkeys at each other and Jacob was laughing with tears.
Wacky boys.
We woke up Sunday morning and headed to Cabela's. Daddy and Nicholas were in heaven. Jacob and I just looked at the displays. Nana sat and read her book in the restaurant. That keeps us happy! Nicholas got a coat he has been wanting for 2 years. I think he puts it on every hour just to be sure it is still there. I'll have to get a picture of it. Camo, camo, camo.
After Cabela's, we met AJ and Travis and their friend Justin on the highway and headed to Silverwood for a day of fun. And a full day it was!
Here are daddy and Nicholas on the log ride.
Nana has a fear of ferris wheels so she wanted to conquer it. She thought that if she took both boys on it, she wouldn't panic. According to the boys, she wouldn't allow them to breathe, move their feet or look around. Ok, maybe it wasn't THAT bad, but she was a little nervous up there. But being the good boys that they are, they took care of their nana and helped her overcome this little fear.
So, Michael and I enjoyed a ride on the wheel too! We chatted so much, we forgot we were going to try to make out! Ha! Maybe next time.
Silverwood is SO much easier now that the boys are older. I looked around at all of those parents who looked miserable -- carrying way too much stuff, kids crying and all the while trying to have fun. At this age, the boys can ride anything and know what they like. Getting to Boulder Beach (the waterpark) was even better. We just staked out a "place", showed them where we were and let them go! They had a blast getting to do what THEY wanted. They were so good about checking in with us on a very regular basis. Here they are floating on the lazy river. My biggest rule to them was to "stay together" and they "literally" did!
I don't know how this picture got in here, but I don't feel like messing with blogger, so here is a pic of breakfast on Monday morning. We discovered this restaurant last year. It is called Frank's Diner. It is a train car. The boys LOVE it!
Jenn and Jacob getting ready to head on the tilt-a-whirl.
Travis, Justin and Nicholas too!
This is all of us getting ready to ride! It was a blast. I think we all peed a little!

We were one wet crew! But HAPPY!
8 hours later, we left the park. Wow! What a day.
It was a great time spent with family.

3 comments:

  1. What a total blast!
    Love all the photos.
    I'm a sucker for a good log ride!!
    Yay for school! Summer was great!
    You
    Are
    So
    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fun! I love Silverwood, but as you mentioned the parents with crying kids....we won't be going for awhile :)

    ReplyDelete