--Going to visit my sister and her husband and seeing just how much they've accomplished together in the last year. I love her so much.
--Watching my boys at the pool on Wednesday. There was a boy there with aspbergers. He was violently (as in throwing a bucket) trying to get my boys to play with him. I went over and softly tried to help the situation. Of course, my boys weren't thrilled with the idea of playing with him after he threw things at them, but I encouraged them to just try to turn the situation around for a couple of minutes. The next time I looked up, they were playing with him and another little guy, throwing a beach ball back and forth. The compassion and empathy they were showing just brought tears to my eyes. That little boy was SO happy and you could tell he was working hard to play appropriately. His mom came and thanked me. She didn't need to do that, but I could tell that this was a struggle for him and she was thrilled he was included.
--A long time dear friend of mine has found "love". She is an unexpected friend, but one that I feel somewhat protective of despite our past. She shared this little secret with me and I was overwhelmed with happiness for her.
--Our neighbor has been away for about a month and he has "found" himself....seemed to turn a new leaf. This makes me happy to see him calm and content.
--I got a card in the mail from one of my best friends. It made my day.
--My friend at school just finished chemo. What an amazing journey. I wish Renee had been able to beat the cancer too. This lady is STRONG. Seriously STRONG.
--I have loved running this summer. So many different experiences, meeting so many different people and getting closer to the ones who are my constant road runners.
--My mom. I have LOVED spending time with my mom this summer. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.
--My dad. He is just a "constant" in my life. He keeps things in check.
--I am excited to start school and feel refreshed. I love the people I work with--truly. I love that my children can be surrounded in such an incredible environment.
--My family. I have the BEST husband. I don't think I tell him often enough, but I hope my actions show it. The last 5 years have been such a ride and there is no one else I would want to share that with. I have the ROCKINEST kids. Good and bad. Highs and lows. They are blessings. I am proud of who they are growing to be and who they are each and everyday.
Right on!!! You go girl what a great feeling, eh. :))
ReplyDelete