These Boys are Growing Up!
All the signs are there! These boys are growing up fast!
This week, they stayed by themselves again for a short period of time. Daddy had to go to work and mommy was at a meeting. They took it serious and were responsible. What good boys! We figure, they are basically here alone while I'm downstairs on the treadmill for an hour, so they could handle it. And handle it, they did!
They also have started karate and are really enjoying it! (On a selfish note, it allows me to get in an extra workout twice a week! I can go to spin class, swimming or step! Yeah!)
This week, they also entered the science fair. Both boys worked on their posters independently.
Nicholas and daddy built a circuit. I had to keep daddy from going overboard and remind him that it was supposed to be done by an 8 year old! He wanted it to look pretty nice, but all in all, it turned out great.
All the signs are there! These boys are growing up fast!
This week, they stayed by themselves again for a short period of time. Daddy had to go to work and mommy was at a meeting. They took it serious and were responsible. What good boys! We figure, they are basically here alone while I'm downstairs on the treadmill for an hour, so they could handle it. And handle it, they did!
They also have started karate and are really enjoying it! (On a selfish note, it allows me to get in an extra workout twice a week! I can go to spin class, swimming or step! Yeah!)
This week, they also entered the science fair. Both boys worked on their posters independently.
Nicholas and daddy built a circuit. I had to keep daddy from going overboard and remind him that it was supposed to be done by an 8 year old! He wanted it to look pretty nice, but all in all, it turned out great.
Jacob is fascinated with the Titanic right now. So, he did a science inquiry. He took a book (which he passed a test on with flying colors at school!) and made a poster about it all on his own!So, don't look at what he is cooking--I know it is NOT healthy! But, they love it once a month and it was something that NIcholas could do independently. My lil' guy COOKED DINNER for he and his brother tonight! Jacob helped him out with the meat because his arm got tired, but all in all, Nicholas was the chef of the night!
Emma (8) stayed home from school today, but I had a full day already planned. So she stayed home alone and we kept in touch occassionally via cell phone. She did great and felt so empowered by it. I LOVE being able to give kids increased responsibility. We're here to help them become independent, thinking adults, and the only way for that to happen is for them to have the chance to practice it. Yeah for you and Yeah for your boys!
ReplyDelete