Friday, March 12, 2010

Forever Ticklebug...

My lil' Ticklebug turns 8 today.
Since the moment he was born, we have always called him Ticklebug. Which is pretty ironic, considering he spent the first three years of his life crying. No, actually it was screaming and god forbid that child EVER sleep more than 2 hours. Wow. He was a challenge. But at the heart of it all, he was a lover and goodness gracious, could that child laugh! To this day, he still giggles at the slightest touch to his skin.
Fortunately for him, he did eventually learn to sleep through the night and is always the first one ready for bed. His head hits the pillow at 8 pm and he is out by 8:01. Pity on the people who keep him up past his bedtime or get him up too early, because you will pay severely. What a grouch!
Things about Nicholas....
He still loves his "mommy". He will always be the baby of the family, although lately, we are hearing "I am not a baby!" or "Jacob treats me like I am a baby". (his behavior might convince you otherwise!)
Nicholas is a worker bee. He loves to be busy and to help. Give him any chore and he is up for it.
He loves his dog...fully and unconditionally. There is no question that he has total dominance over her. He can do anything to her and she just puts up with it.
He will try any food and loves to eat almost all day long. We really have to watch his eating. He also has a pesty tummy that gives us fits at least 3 times a month.
He is so kind to his friends and especially to girls...he treats them with such respect.
He has a temper and watch out...you never know when it is coming and you can not predict how big it will be. Lucky for us, he saves it for home. He and daddy are definitely going to have some major brawls until he really learns who will always win. Jacob is guaranteed to fall victim to this sooner or later because he gets a sick pleasure out of taunting his brother when he is mad. Jacob may be fast, but Nicholas is strong and one day, I know he will catch him and it won't be pretty.
Nicholas is not a naturally athletic child, but he is persistent, diligent, open to coaching and willing to keep coming back for more. He clearly improves over time.
He is naturally smart but doesn't have a lot of patience for sticking to school work. He just likes it when he knows it. He is a strong reader and math is a breeze. He hates homework. It is a nightly battle. He doesn't like to write and would rather "get 'er done."
He loves the computer and can do way more than I wish he could. I have to do a lot more monitoring lately.
He thinks daddy is way cooler than mommy. Need I say more?
He loves his Nik and Nana and totally has them wrapped around his finger!
He is his AJ's baby. (Aunt Jennifer)
He has the bluest eyes and the most sly smile. He is eerily quiet in a big setting or a new one (like daddy) and it seems to draw people to him. He has silky white skin that is smooth as can be and the cutest toes. I love that boy's toes! A round little butt and a poochy tummy. That is my Ticklebug.
He still likes to get me up on Saturday mornings so that we can go snuggle on the couch with coffee and hot chocolate and watch cooking shows until daddy and Jacob get out of bed.

Because his class can't have snacks (lots of food allergies), I took his class out for an extra recess at the end of the day. Then, he had invited 4 friends to come over for his party. We played the toilet paper wrapping race and I'm completely convinced that there is no child which does not like to play with toilet paper!




But then the rain and wind picked up so I had wild boys and 2 little ladies inside for the rest of the time. I let them open up gifts early. Nerf was the hot item of the night. We had nerf bullets flying everywhere. Good thing I went on a long run today! I could ignore the flying bullets and enjoy the evening!




The kids had pizza and ice cream cake. While the boys played Indiana Jones, I played BINGO with the girls. They were a sweet bunch of kids.


It was a great group of kids and so glad that he had a good birthday. I love this boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment