Friday, July 10, 2015

Where the blog takes me...

 Over the last few months, I've made a lot of private blog posts.  Not many have made it to public publishing.  Topics ranging from health & fitness and self image, to the world of being a wife, mom and stepmom....the relationships that are and are not.  I have such a wonderful network of athletes, moms/stepmoms and teachers through this blog.
But lately, it's all about spending quality time with these amazing people as I get ready to embark on another educational adventure.
So this summer is all about the pets....who give us love.

My children, who are growing up quickly....savoring their wit, smarts and steadfast love.


My health, which keeps everything else balanced.


And family camping trips with my love Michael, the boys, my parents and the pups.
We've had some amazing trips this summer, just enjoying being disconnected from the world and connected to one another.

Next week, I begin teaching summer school.  On the heels of summer school are National Board trainings for being a facilitator to new candidates;  Leadership trainings through CSTP, OSPI and WEA; and classes starting through Gonzaga and earning my administrative credential.
It is an exciting time.  It is a busy time.  And it is a challenge that I'm looking forward to.
My guess is that the blog will take a turn towards educational topics for a while.
That being said, as we went for a family drive the other night out into the Blues, I told the family that I was pretty sure 2016 would see a marathon training plan on the books.  
It's never too early to start planning, right?

1 comment:

  1. I think about what I'll race in 2016 on almost every run this year - never too early :).

    I have always wanted my blog to be sort of a pen and paper personal journey so my kids would have something to look back to read when I am long gone how much running was an intrinsic part of my life. I bet your boys will enjoy reading everything you have to write here....as do your long-lost blog friends :). Happy Summer, my friend!

    ReplyDelete