This is a picture of my journal from 1995.
Nights when I would just practice writing my name with Michael's last name. Nights when I would write our family as it was going to become. Nights when I would write down the names of the children and pets I hoped we would have some day.
This week marks the 8 year anniversary of the passing of my friend Renee....
(Jesse is named Jesse Renee Carpenter)
My Great Aunt Marie passed away on Tuesday...
(Kacie is named Kacie Marie Carpenter)
Last night, our family friend passed away. Our neighbor is putting her dog down today. There just seems to be a lot of celebrating life going on this week.
I've taken many walks down picture memory lane this week.
But writing has always been my sweet spot for finding peace.
It was fun to pull out the journals and see their names...our names...
This week I celebrate amazing lives lived.

No comments:
Post a Comment