Sunday, March 15, 2015

Everybody is on the move...

Yes, this boy turned 13 this week!  It was a fun 3 days of birthday celebration.
Pizza, ice cream cake, burgers, cards from friends and family and a new gun that he & daddy had been eyeballing.  Texts from cousins, aunts & uncles and of course, his brother, McKenly.  For a boy who doesn't like talking on the phone, his was dinging off the hook for quite a few days.  
He also got this awesome shirt from Nik and we couldn't resist the twinsie picture!
This week was packed with the whole family on the MOVE!  Nicholas at baseball practice...man, is he improving quickly.  Jacob at track....speedy and trying some new activities.  Michael working and going to the Y at night.  Me going to the Y in the morning (or running) and working all day.  And everyone -- Nik, Nana, Michael or I -- playing taxi to get kids to and from activities.
Jacob has been boasting so I challenged him to a little race.  He beat me.
And although he beat me at the 800m (I mean, look at those legs!), he did admit that if we had to go much further, I would've caught him.  Speed work is not my strength...I'd rather go the distance.  But it was fun to be out there with him no matter what.
Yesterday, I received my official notification that I was the recipient of $5000 towards my tuition to Gonzaga and that I was the top participant in this process.  Therefore, I will be going to Olympia to speak at a luncheon and accept my prize.  I could not be more thrilled about this experience.  I didn't realize how stressed I was about this.  Now that I have it, I feel much more relaxed about finishing up my National Boards and getting started on the administrative credential.  It helps to go at it relaxed.  
I also had this little gem of a note waiting for me this week when I corrected homework...
If that doesn't make your day!?!?  I had a huge smile on my face after reading this.
And in other news, we have been busy with band--band concerts, band competitions and band practice!
These four boys are all my kiddos.  The first pic was for me. The second pic was how THEY wanted it done.  Little stinkers.  They fill our house with joyful noise, goofy teenage behavior and clean out my fridge...and I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment