Phew! The last 10 days have been jam packed and joyful.
After wrapping up conferences, I prepped for my scholarship interview in Seattle. I was up early on Friday morning and headed over. This was the day I had been preparing for for over 2 months. I was their first interview of the day.
Three days later, I found out that not only was I a recipient of $5000 towards my tuition into Gonzaga, but I was the top candidate. I will be going to Olympia to have the scholarship awarded to me and to give a short speech. I was humbled, honored and so happy that my kids could see the fruits of hard work and diligence.
Upon arriving back, we were right into the routine of things. All boys busy with sports. McKenly is having a great baseball season. Michelle (his mom) and Adrianna (his sister) keep us posted and let us know when he is pitching so we don't drain our phone batteries on Ustream. Nicholas started baseball this week and Jacob started track. They are so excited. It made for a busy evening and tired kiddos...but happy kiddos!
Our principal was gone to a conference for 3 days, so I filled in during her absence. But the true joy is that my mom was my substitute teacher. She loved it! My students were wonderful for her. I learn so much about being a leader when I fill that role.
I participated in the local Dirty Duathlon this week. What a fun time! Running, biking and good friends. Yes, yes....no races for two years...but I didn't race...just had a blast! I didn't get to participate last year because we were at the hospital with Michael, so it was great to be out there!

Nicholas turns 13 this week. McKenly turns 21 next week. Such a fun time of life for all of these boys. My goal is to wrap up my National Board work this month and get it mailed off.
Here's to beautiful weather and welcoming Spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment