I committed to saying NO to many things over the next two years, so that I can be fully engaged and balanced in my pursuit of higher education goals.
Wow, is it harder than I thought!
(As a disclaimer, I was saying no to blogging too, but I'm at a training on a lunch break and I miss my blogging world!!!)
It seems like every week there is a race, an opportunity or a training run that I can go to. And while I would love to partake in almost all of these, I know they'll be here for me in two years. Keeping the balance and my sanity has been a purposeful task. Yes, I'm still exercising in the mornings 6 days a week and going to the Y with Michael twice a week, but it is a fine balance. I really have the desire to be "out" there, but know I'll be back with my exercise friends when the time is right.
I have been purposeful in not being so anal about the house. With that being said, the men in the Carpenter house have completely chipped in. I think that for a long time, I didn't allow them to because things had to be "just so". "Just so" has left the building and "just right for the time" has entered. I think we are all happier because of it.
I managed to clean out two more draining relationships. My emotional well being feels really nice and balanced right now. I have forgiven, assumed positive intentions and moved on.
School--as in National Boards, college and courses are amazing. My brain is stimulated. I am motivated and doing so much reflection. The journey is incredible. As a friend of mine says, the days may be long, but the years are short. So, I am trying to embrace and enjoy each of these moments.
Besides a supportive husband and loving kids who are whole heartedly supporting me in this endeavor, my parents of course are helping carry the load. My dad is the official taxi driver for the boys...he loves it. My mom got her sub credential for me so that she can sub in my classroom while I'm gone. (Today is her first day in and she is LOVING it!) And our doggies....they just make our world complete. Sweet, loving and always happy to be with us.
I will continue to be committed to "NO" because I know it will make saying yes later mean so much more!
Please keep blogging! With you not on Instagram and me not on Facebook, it's my only way to keep up with what you're doing.
ReplyDelete