It has been one of those weeks where the pieces just fell into place.
And not in an instant, but over time....the groundwork has paid off.
First, this glorious friend of mine qualified for Boston!!!
She and I have had a similar journey to Boston. We had to work hard for it. We are surrounded by so many talented athletes who are just naturally fast. She and I put in time, bumps in the road and patience. Yes, this girl has got GRIT! I am so happy for her. SO HAPPY FOR HER!
For the last 6 months, I have been looking into my future goals. I have met with colleagues, mentors, friends and have had the opportunity to attend quite a few seminars on leadership, working with difficult adults and being able to pause, reflect and take action.
I knew the time was right after my last class with OSPI here in Washington.
I applied to Gonzaga University to get my administrative credential.
I am happy to report that this week, I received my letter of acceptance.
I will begin "officially" in August.
Because I already have my Masters Degree, National Board certification and Language Acquisition degree, the program is only one year long. The majority of it is an internship.
This week, my principal was going to be out of the building for two full days. She was ready for me to get my feet wet. They put a sub in my room and I fulfilled the leadership role in the building for two days. All went really well, very busy and eye opening. I can hardly wait to continue learning.
Of course, I couldn't be doing all of this without my loves and my parents
And all of my friends throughout my educational family.
I think another big reason I am able to take this plunge is because my running is "back to normal". No pain. None. Just lace up and go. I continue to mix it with cross training and surrounding myself with awesome friends who keep me going!
Not to mention my two four-legged buddies!
Here's to next steps!

.jpg)


Back to school - so exciting!!
ReplyDelete