The original plan was to run the full, but once I got into training, I just wasn't enjoying it like I had in the past. I embraced just continuing with my routine and decided to run the half. My body, mind and family thanked me!
What a beautiful run. The scenery was beautiful; the course was well marked and fun; and the weather couldn't have been more perfect.
I was lucky enough to get to travel to the race with some young ladies who were running their first half. I loved their enthusiasm, nerves and the thrill of the finish line!
I was happy with my 1:56 finish. Not my best, not my worst, but perfect for not training and just enjoying the ride! I had Jacob as my photographer at the finish line.
And of course my mom! Our dear friend Becky traveled with us too.
The whole weekend was a HOOT!
Honestly, the highlight of the weekend was getting to hug and see my high school friend Brooke. It has been almost 24 years since we have seen each other. We've stayed connected via blogs, email and Christmas cards. And while we only had a few minutes together, it meant so much to see her.
Michael and Nicholas stayed behind to doggy sit and because Nicholas was taking his hunters safety field test on Saturday. He scored 100%! So proud of the hard work he and his dad have put into this. It takes an incredible amount of patience, maturity and determination....qualities they both share. Happy for my men.
It was a great September with a special visit from our dear friends, The Raygors, from Anchorage.
Before we ever dreamed of moving to Anchorage, they opened their home up to us, Timothy, his family and our families. We spent many holidays there, weekend trips and summer vacations at their home. They treated us as their family and still do to this day. They were there when the boys were born. They supported us with Timothy. We couldn't have asked for a better family to take us in during an eventful time of our lives. It was a joy to share our neck of the woods with them and return just a small token of our appreciation!
I think back to the beginning of September when I got to spend the weekend with my college roomie and still very dear friend, Shannon.
We talked, laughed, reminisced, enjoyed good food & wine, and didn't skip a beat with one another. It was one of the highlights of my year. Shannon is one of those friends who has been through the highs and lows of life with me. We are the billboard for "friends who can go great lengths of time without talking and catch up right where we are"...That is a gift that one can not trade.
And next weekend, I get to watch my dear friend Amy, compete in WW for her first full marathon in quite a while. I can't wait to cheer her on and watch her shine!
Once again I find myself reflecting on all of the amazing people who enrich our daily lives.
We are surrounded by love, hope and deeply soulful people.
What a gift.
I think back to the beginning of September when I got to spend the weekend with my college roomie and still very dear friend, Shannon.
We talked, laughed, reminisced, enjoyed good food & wine, and didn't skip a beat with one another. It was one of the highlights of my year. Shannon is one of those friends who has been through the highs and lows of life with me. We are the billboard for "friends who can go great lengths of time without talking and catch up right where we are"...That is a gift that one can not trade.
And next weekend, I get to watch my dear friend Amy, compete in WW for her first full marathon in quite a while. I can't wait to cheer her on and watch her shine!
Once again I find myself reflecting on all of the amazing people who enrich our daily lives.
We are surrounded by love, hope and deeply soulful people.
What a gift.
Happy October!












Seeing you was definitely the highlight of my weekend!
ReplyDelete