Welcome back speed....
How I've missed you. It hurts my ego when you have to be kept at bay. I don't like you all the time, but I sure miss you when you're gone.
Since being injured, I have not even thought about you. (Well, maybe I've thought about it, but I knew better).
Being thankful that I completed Boston, no worse for the wear, I came back to my love affair with running slowly, gingerly, and full of care.

I have kept my promise to continue my Jillian workouts, to go swimming once a week and to go cycling frequently.
Tonight, I got on the treadmill. It felt good. I kept it at an 8:20 pace for a few minutes. It just felt too easy. Yes, there is a little pain in my groin, but in the words of Becca, "MEH". A cute little thing got on the treadmill next to me and she started the "eye" dance. Checking out me, checking out my pace, even leaning over to see my speed. Oh honey. Yes, let's dance.
I bumped up to 8 min miles. Easy. She was struggling. Come on little one...let's bump it up to 7:50 for fun. She lasted about 30 seconds and had to hop off on the sides. Down her speed went. She continued to walk/run next to me. I was feeling so good that I just threw all logic out the window and bumped it up to 7:30 for the last mile. It was glorious.
Now, I love to see people succeed and but I love a game of cat and mouse to. She motivated me tonight and for that, I say THANK YOU and WELCOME BACK SPEED.
you showed her GOOD!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteHa! Love it! Hope you're not regretting it tomorrow. But hey , sometimes a girl's just gotta cut loose!
ReplyDelete