Poppa was gone to Tennessee to watch McKenly graduate and to take him to South Carolina to meet his relatives. That in itself deserves a post of it own, but I can't quite wrap my brain around it yet. It was more than wonderful....it was life changing for Michael and I am just overwhelmed with the graciousness of McKenly's mother and the wiseness of this young man. You don't know our story. You don't know where we've been. But this has been a long time coming and exceeded Michael's expectations. Someday, I'll try to get it on paper.
Friday, we went to dinner with Nana and played outside for a long time. The boys tried to do all of daddy's chores for me...lights on for the porches, doors locked and double checked. Saturday I got up and went on a bridal shower fun run. It was a blast...all dressed up in pearls, make up and satin. Then, my mom and I had a freezing extravaganza. We made 16 meals that went straight into the freezer for the next two months. We did this in April and absolutely loved it! It is going to become a every other month activity during the school year because it saved us oodles of time. That night, the boys and I had pizza and went out for yogurt. I stayed up and watched a girl movie (The Vow---based on a true story--loved it!) Sunday, I had my little helpers again. We cleaned the whole house, worked in the yard, washed Jesse and then went on a run. The boys biked and we just had a dandy time weaving through town. I let them lead the way and they loved it. We made homemade pizza and a fresh berry pie. We took early showers and sent lots of texts to Poppa telling him how ready we were for him to be home. Nicholas and I played piano for a long time and Jacob worked on his drawing. We had huge storms last night which kept us all awake. Plus I think we are just ready for Michael to be home. I only had a brief moment where I wanted to eat them this weekend...mostly they were just wonderful.This weekend, we are taking the tent trailer out for its debut! First camping trip ever! Off to Wallowa Lake we go. We are super excited. Nik and Nana are even going for part of the trip. And then the countdown begins. Only a few weeks of school left....none of them full. Let summertime begin!
I have been wanting to take my kids to Wallowa Lake! I used to go all the time growing up. I have such great memories of feeding the chipmunks, and watching out for the "lake monster." I wonder if it's still there.
ReplyDelete