Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A common question...

I like this picture because to me -- it really represents how you get to a goal...certainly not alone.
I think it is just a common question for people to ask, "What's next?"
Maybe it's a conversation piece.  Sometimes it feels as if "something next" is expected.

For now, my answer is "nothing".  :)

I am maintaining my promise to swim and bike along with running.
I am making emotional deposits back into my family after a LONG training cycle for Boston.
This weekend, I am participating on a team in a triathlon.
I've got a half marathon I might do in May.

But, BIG "What's next?"

Nothing.  And it feels really good.

4 comments:

  1. Nothing is good. :) I've enjoyed these las two weeks (going on three) doing nothing. Soak it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I PLEASE join your "nothing goal" team.
    It's what I'm doing now....and I LOVE it. Still do really hard workouts. Still striving to be better. That's the important part, right.

    You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you and Amanda.......and did you see my last blog posting? :>)

    Post-Boston......what to do......what to do?????????

    No marathon until October......no training schedule until mid-June...........guess I'm just going to have to run for fun for a change! Oh yeah......and get to know my family again, too!

    See you out there on the road!

    P.S. Tell your blog I'm not a robot! (I hate that verification thingie!!!!!0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which part of the triathlon are you doing?
    I like times where I am not training for something mixed in with times that I am. Right now I think I have too much going on.

    ReplyDelete