Friday, September 24, 2010

Speeches...

Just a quick post--
This week, Jacob has prided himself on finishing the speech that I start. Examples:
We were leaving soccer practice and I was going to give him my speech that says, "Now, when we get home, we are doing your homework. There will be no TV, only a good attitude and a willingness to learn. Do not play around.....and so on."
He proceeded to interupt me about 3 words in and finish the speech. Quite well, I might add.
Yesterday, he was leaving for a soccer game and Michael was going to take him. I was giving him a hug and started my speech about, "No matter how the other boys behave, you be good. If daddy has helpful hints, listen and be respectful and accept that he is trying help you. Focus on the game....and so on."
Yep, he interupted me about 3 words in on that one and finished my speech again. Even better on this one.
Tonight he asked me if I had noticed that he has my speeches memorized. I told him that of course I did and I was proud of him for really listening to what I say, but that he needed to act upon it without being told. He assured me he has been. I told him that I was preparing him for when he was a daddy and giving him a lot of good speeches to give. He told me, "Well, I hope I don't have a son who talks as much as me and took so long to listen to you!"
My boy....Love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment