Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day At the Fair!!!


Day at the Fair!!!
We put off going to the fair on Saturday as long as possible. Not because we wanted to, but we were hopeful that our little Nicholas would "get better". The little guy had been up and down the night before with a sore throat and runny nose. He spent most of Saturday laying on the couch. Putting off Jacob was TORTURE. Finally, around 2, Nicholas went over to my parents house and we took Jacob to the fair.
Michael and Jacob have been talking for weeks about the fair. He had promised him that he would take him back at night to experience the rides. He had promised him that they would ride the rides, following their new motto, "WE'RE NOT LEAVIN', UNTIL WE'RE HEAVIN' ".
Well, sadly, it came true, a little too soon. Michael went on the first ride, the swings. No problem. They got on the second ride, Tilt-a-Whirl. I could literally see him turning green. And not just a slight shade of green, puke green. Yep...the man of steel can no longer ride on rides that spin. He even tried to go on the ferris wheel to sooth his stomach. Jacob said that daddy didn't even talk while on the ride because he was afraid of puking! Needless to say, I got endless amounts of laughs from all of this! We stayed for a couple of hours, but Nik called and said that Nicholas was feeling worse and wanted us to come get him. I promised Jacob that we would cut daddy's wristband off and tape it on me and that I would take him back.
We picked Nicholas up and within a half hour, he was throwing up.So, this is how Nicholas spent his evening. Daddy played nurse and did a great job.


Jacob and I bundled up and headed back to the fair! That kid was in heaven! He would've stayed until 12 midnight if I would've let him. He screamed, laughed, and talked endlessly. We had a great time together and I loved listening to his imagination run wild. We rode EVERYTHING. That kid loves rides! We came home a little after 10. Nicholas was tucked in bed, only to wake up around 11:30 for another round of vomiting. It had all kinds of treasures in it for me. YUCK! I don't know how Michael managed to escape any puke clean up while I was gone. Somehow, kids just know they want their mom for that!
Nicholas DOES seem better today. He ate a good breakfast and just has a few sniffles. Going to let him rest. Thankfully, he has no desire to go to the fair. Phew. I don't think I could take another day of it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, you know you're getting old when you can't ride the Fair rides anymore. Nathan & I took our kids to 6 Flags a few years ago, so excited to take our kids on all the roller coasters, etc. Sadly, we spent the rest of the day with massive headaches. Sigh. Good for you to be able to keep up with it still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't like it when kiddos are sick. It is so hard to feel like you can't really do much to make them feel better.

    My kiddos love our local fair too. I help with senior exhibits so we are there most evenings. ...My poor kids, I don't ride!

    ReplyDelete