Thursday, June 19, 2014

No Sugar & Back to School

I went on a 21 day hiatus from salt and sugar.
Man...was I addicted.  
BUT--the results have been amazing.  It's not that I lost weight, because I don't really have the pounds to lose, but I lost inches.  Darn sugar was keeping those love handles and baby rolls in business!

It's been two weeks since I completed the 21days.  I am definitely more mindful of my sugar intake and haven't needed/wanted the salt.  I believe that keeping my running to 4 days a week and doing strength/core workouts 3 days a week is making a huge difference.  I don't miss the distance running, right now.  I have a couple of half marathons on the agenda, but other than that, I'm going to enjoy biking, swimming and my usual workouts.

I earned the bad mom award this week.  Jacob has had a cold.  But he doesn't really complain.  He mentioned his ear hurt, but we dismissed it.  Yesterday during my meeting, he texted me, "Mom, my ear REALLY hurts".  So I took him to the walk-in clinic.  Sure enough...enormous ear infection.  What a trooper.  He had been working each day too.  It's so different when they aren't babies screaming at the pain.  Jacob is a tough cookie.  In fact, we realized it had been almost two years since he had been to the doctor and needed a prescription.

More and more I am convinced that it is time for me to go back to school.  I've toying with the idea for about 6 months now.  I think I'm going to work towards my doctorate.  I already have my National Boards and Masters Degree.  There are so many on-line courses available that I believe it is the perfect route for me.  I won't leave my day job, but I plan on supplementing with teaching some night courses at the University level and writing for educational publications.  I'm excited, scared and READY.

No comments:

Post a Comment