Highlights that I don't want to forget of the last few months? Going to Portland for a quick trip to see my dad's sister who I haven't seen in over 30 years!
Having her meet my family was such a blessing.
Visiting with my cousins (Stephen above and Stephanie below).
It was like we hadn't missed any time at all.
I had the honor of going to Grand Coulee with my dear friend Amy for a weekend and watching her compete in her first half-ironman. It was awesome!
She is one of the toughest chiks I know...mentally & physically.
I get to work with her each day and couldn't be more blessed.
These boys are growing up fast. Lots of independence is abounding. We find ourselves chaueffering a lot! I don't mind. And I like watching them spread their wings. I can't say that I'm loving middle school. Homework is completely over rated. Ugh. Half of the things they request for us to do just breed for me to lie! Read for 20 minutes? Sure. Then write about it and have a parent sign it? NO!
Give me the darn form and I'll sign it for the next two weeks. Band form? Hand it over, I'll sign it.
I get that there are kids who need that accountability, but for me, its just more parental punishment.
I can say I am running pain free. Totally pain free. As long as I don't do speed work or run more than 8 miles. Both of which, I love. Admittedly, once a week, I do one of those. But I'm only running 4 times a week. The other days I'm doing weights, or boot camp, or just hanging at the Y with Michael for a bit.
Nicholas continues to be a great chef and Jacob is the ever wonderful taste-tester.
Fall is almost over here. Most of the leaves have fallen. Temps are dropping to the low 30's and it is almost dark by 4:30. I'm ready for winter though. We are getting out our Christmas things next weekend and I am really looking forward to it. We are going simple this year, but with flare!
I haven't blogged in a while, because I'm having a hard enough time keeping my mouth closed. Sometimes when I get on here, the words just flow. So, it seemed best to not.
I'm wishing my middle stepson would come out for the holidays, but he is afraid to fly.
I'm wishing my oldest stepson would for once in his life realize that we are not the bad guys and that he has been seriously brainwashed most of his life with who we are.
I'm wishing my sister would come down to visit. Just for a day.
I'm wishing Michael's family weren't so stubborn.
Wishing, wishing, wishing...all about things I have no control over.
And really, things that shouldn't bother me. I just know that time is precious and you aren't guaranteed tomorrow. I simply remind myself that all that matters is right here in front of me.









Love your updates & insight! I am already mentally preparing myself to start blogging again . . . in January. I just need to get through this next month without any added pressure. You've been such a great example; I'm so glad we get to "keep in touch" this way!
ReplyDelete