So happy to see May arrive!
Warm weather and the official count down to summer!
Over the winter, our BBQ crapped out. So we dug out our little hibachi! Nicholas loved it!
Jacob decided he wanted to earn his own money this summer. When you live in Walla Walla, it is truly a rite of passage to work at Klicker Strawberry Acres. I started there when I was 12 and worked each summer through college. Here he is filling out his application. He has his interview on Sunday. I love listening to him talk. He is a well-spoken young man.
(On a side note, my neighbor took him to school today and sent me a note about what a gem he is. I texted Jacob and let him know what a proud momma I am!)
I learned a lot of lessons at Klickers. Some of them I'm not proud of (like staying a day too long at my friends house and skipping out on work), but I learned a lesson and have not repeated that mistake since. I learned that people rely on you in a job. Glad I learned that lesson early. I know Jacob will come away from this experience a much better person and a little extra sense of the importance of going to college!
Having Nicholas in class has been a blast this year. He has matured and has enjoyed not being in the shadow of his brother (even though he is perfectly content there...)
I have the BEST teaching partners. First they are friends, which is a BONUS!
They make work awesome. (It was camo day...I don't usually sport the camo, but thanks to Nicholas, my options were plenty).
We tested this week. Thanks to my dear friend Karene who made this shirt....Walla2 [do the math].
The kids loved it!
We had to unwind after a day of testing. Belly laughs are the BEST!
My Nicholas is really self-conscious about his weight. Last night, we had a long talk about his "friends" who told him he had fat fingers. *sigh* Little do they know it is a daily battle with him. Lately, he won't take his coat off at school because he doesn't want anyone to see his belly.
This finger comment was just too much for my guy. It breaks my heart.
He is so good about what he eats and being active....he just needs a little growth spurt! We spend our mornings building his confidence to face the day. We enjoy our fish oil tablet and Tri-Min vitamins together and then head out on our way. Today's breakfast was extra special because our friend Diane Mires made jam for us! He LOVES Mrs. Mires jam and has a date for this summer to learn how to make it.
Today was Juvenille Arthritis awareness day in our district. The boys took full advantage of it. Jacob complimented me on "being secure enough in my parenting" to allow him to spray his head.
Where does he come up with this stuff? It was a nice burst to my ego!
And I, of course, was happy to be wearing a Boston shirt!









OMG!! Staches!! You know I love them. You are now up on the top of the most awesome list for me.:)
ReplyDelete