Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Weekend Camping

The weather has been so beautiful, we decided to jump ahead a little and not wait for Memorial Day weekend to be our first camping trip of the season!  
We packed up Friday night/Saturday morning and headed over to Hells Gate State Park in Lewiston, ID.  I have to say, this was such a friendly place.  The people were fabulous.  The facilities were well kept, clean and there was always a ranger cruising through.
After a week where two close friends received some devastating news about their battles with cancer, I just wanted to BE with my little family.  No TV, No phones and No electronics.  
It was just what the doctor ordered.
Nicholas and I went on a bike ride.  They had a great path.

Signs of a relaxed momma!




Using his birthday gift....his first leathermans tool.


Jacob and I played Yahtzee....he has no luck with dice.

Daddy and Nicholas went for a hike.




     
And then, it was time to start the fire, which is always a highlight of camping for the boys.



Definitely my favorite spot.


 Daddy put flashlights on the boys bikes, and they got to go night riding.  They loved it!

 Although they started out here, this is not where everyone ended up.  Apparently, Jesse is a bed hog.  Nicholas ended up cuddling in with Jacob.
Morning men of leisure.




This week is Spring Break.  Michael has a lot of overtime coming up, so the boys and I are going to keep ourselves busy with a project a day.  The weather should be beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment