Life around the Carpenter household is trucking along as usual. We are getting the camping bug, as we are starting to see signs of Spring. I think if we can get the next two days of nasty weather behind us, it looks like spring is coming!
Mom and I spent a day off making freezer meals. I bought this book on-line. They have been delicious. Since then I have found tons of other options on Pinterest.
Nicholas AND Jacob continue to love to cook with me.
Here, they are making an iron skillet fruit dessert.
That's the good news.....
The bad news is that (literally) it was so good, we all (Nik, Nana, and our family of 4) ate it BEFORE dinner.
I continue to feel so lucky to work at a great school and have colleagues who are friends. My fifth grade team is amazing. We work together like "butta" (that's slang, for butter). We volunteered at Family Fun Night at ran the BINGO station.
The flu bug hit our house last Friday....just Jacob.
(And yes, so far, just Jacob has had it. Darn Middle School)
I stayed home with him Monday to take him into the doctor, because it sure seemed like he had mono, but they assured me it was the "FLU". It was nasty and miserable. Michael stayed home Tuesday. Nicholas (yes, Nicholas) stayed home on Wednesday. I stayed home again on Thursday. On Monday, I had painted my nails....they looked so good. After feeling germ infested, I did the big clean on Thursday with every chemical known to man. My nails paid the price....
Michael and I participated in a local event called "The Awesome Race". We'd never watched the amazing race on TV, but we did pretty good! We made it through the first round and got eliminated half way through the second. It was fun activities and a great way to support the community. The winning team received $1125 for their charity. (We got beat by roller derby girls) :)
After 8 LONG days of being sick, Jacob finally needed to escape and with his fever just under 100*, we granted him permission. Who doesn't love a trip to Home Depot?
And to be photo bombed by your brother!
Life is good.







nice recap..and such a nice fam!
ReplyDelete