
I have been a huge fan of Harmony's (Keep on Keeping on) for YEARS. We've corresponded back and forth. She lives in my neck of the woods, so it has always been a hope that we could meet.
It's hard to explain, but there are MANY of you out there that I feel such a connection with. (Is that weird? Freakish? Stalking?) No, it's just who I am. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I trust many and believe in the good in people. I treat others the way I want to be treated.
When I was down and out in my training for Boston, I bought a ring that said, "I AM NOT AFRAID. I WAS BORN TO DO THIS". That ring got me through many miles. My journey is nothing compared to the journey that Harmony and her family are on right now, but it seemed like she was the perfect recipient to pass this onto. This girl is a fighter. She has humble characteristics and a relentless fire in her. I can feel it when I read her blog. It was a JOY to meet her...if only for a moment. But it is one that I will cherish and leaves me looking forward to a time and place where we can sit down and enjoy more time together!
I am loving my workouts! Thank you TRX. I am getting muscles and it is FUN! I can do almost everything, FINALLY. So, I've run a few times and it is still painful. The good news is, I can run about 3 miles without stopping. The other good news is that I'm only in pain for a day. But I am gaining strength and endurance. Truth be told....I am in a MUCH better place than I ever was running every day. Oh, I know I'll get the bug again, but for now, this is all good. I have balance at home and in my heart. I am spending quality time in the gym with all 3 of my boys...and there is nothing better than that!

I can swim, elyptical, stairmaster, bike and row. I am more well rounded than I have been in my whole life.
We've had a few bumps lately---we had to put down our cat, I had a student teacher that didn't work out (SO complicated) and I was reminded that some people never change.
But those are minor! Life is good. We are walking the walk. That feels good.
I love Harmony! I had the chance to meet her last summer for Hood to Coast. we shared a room for one night and we had a chance to chat. I think that you are so kind and generous to give her that ring. I love reading about stories of kindness. We need more people like you in our crazy world.
ReplyDelete