Thursday, January 24, 2013

Look What I Found!

Yep.  It's my smile.
I might not be running (yet), but I am finally doing LOTS of other things that are making me happy!
I am swimming consistently.  I can do the elyptical for 45 minutes.  I can do weights and TRX class.  I feel like I finally have control over my body again.
But, the best lesson I've learned out of all of this is balance.
I do love running, but it excluded everyone else.  Which a few times a week isn't a bad thing.  But we have found a new happiness going to the Y together and doing something healthy as a family.  
I am not completely crushed if I don't get in "that" workout.  
And with this new found smile, it is giving me a little extra time.  So Nicholas and I have taken advantage of cooking.  We are purposeful in our menus at the beginning of the week and stick to them.  I am happier with how and what we are eating each night.  There have been no chips in the house for two weeks now and no one has really complained.
I love being in the kitchen.  It is relaxing and rewarding.
I have been under a lot of stress at school, but have tried to keep my cool.  I can't write about it yet, but will soon.  What a learning lesson.  My job is fine and the people I work with are wonderful.  I couldn't be more blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for swimming and other good things that keep you smiling...love your positive outlook on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy I got to see that smile today!!

    ReplyDelete