I went from this.....

running AND finishing the Boston marathon...with an injury but a big ol' smile.
To this a month later......
crying after my last ditch attempt to have a doctor tell me I could run....no such luck.
At least 4 to 6 months of NO activity. Ostesis pubis blows.
Because really, can you stay off your legs?
No.
Running defined me. And I thought that was good. I learned, it wasn't. I gained 7 pounds. I know, I know. That's not a lot, but when you don't weigh much, it IS a lot. It resulted in this....bleh.
And after 4 months of nothing, I couldn't sit still anymore. I might not be able to run, but I could do other things. And other things I have. Slowly but surely, I am getting muscles!
I have a long way to go on my abs, but they're getting there.
Thanks to the elyptical, swimming, biking, TRX, and other classes at the Y, I am getting whole body workouts. I have definition in my arms, back and legs that I've never had.
I of course still try to run ever couple of weeks and I still pay for it during and the day after. I'm good with that. This change has also been great emotionally....we've worked out so much more as a family. There is nothing better than a date to the Y with Michael. I am going to continue on this journey and continue to be thankful for the injury which has taught me so much and changed me for the better.







Wow!! I can see improvement!! Great job! I love the Y! I need to look into this TRX stuff...I've heard a lot of great things about it! I need to get it together and stop eating candy! =)
ReplyDeleteYou are an inspiration, in your commitment to your family, to yourself, and in your awesome positive attitude! Thanks!
ReplyDelete