Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rest Day?

We have been working like madmen around here! And still, Michael and I manage to get in our workouts.....they're our sanity.
Kid's rooms cleaned out, getting ready for a yard sale, painting rooms and organizing closets are just a FEW of the chores we have taken on....on top of the daily, weekly and hourly things we do anyway. It's just how we roll.
So today was supposed to be a rest day. Literally. No big projects, no workouts, just rest.
Last night, Jacob got a fever of 102 and we haven't gotten rid of it yet. I've piddled around the house today so that I can be nearby when he needs me. Body aches and chills seem to be driving this virus right now.
But 1 pm rolled around and I just knew that my legs needed a shake out.
I LOVE those runs. The run where you don't HAVE to go, but you WANT to go and every ounce of your soul is yearning for that rush and celebrating the endorphins!
Nicholas and I are headed out to the backyard to lift some weights and do some planks.
Tomorrow, I have a running date with a friend and then Saturday, maybe, just maybe, I'll take the rest day....right after the yard sale!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy! I hope your little guy is feeling better, and good luck with the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such. An. Awesome. Post.

    Hoping your "rest" day went well yesterday! ;)

    ReplyDelete