Friday, July 1, 2011

On This Day....

On this day...
39 years ago, I was born to two fabulous parents who were devoted to loving me and raising me to be a strong and responsible member of society. They were committed to each other and still are to this day. They remain my rocks, the best grandparents in the world and are the core of who I am.
On this day...
6 years ago, I tied up a pair of shoes and ran around the block. My life has never been the same. My health, my mental strength, my determination and the friendships I have built are beyond words. Today, I ran 7 miles (for the 7th month). How fitting, that my last mile was in 7:39!
On this day...
4 years ago (+ a few days) I lost my dear friend to cancer. Whenever I feel envy, resentments or despair, I "just breathe" in honor of my friend and remember how thankful and fortunate I am to be HERE in this moment, no matter what it is.
On this day...
and every day in between I am incredibly loved by a man. My man. I am adored by children. My children. Who, although none of us are perfect, we are intricatly tied together by a web of love, trust, faith and compassion for one another. There is no better gift than that. It is the gift that keeps on giving.
But on this particular day, 2011, I woke up to a computer full of birthday wishes from near and far...phone calls and texts...hugs and loves...a day of delight. And for this, I am truly thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday...may your 39th year trump the previous 38....times 2 :)

    ReplyDelete