Monday, May 23, 2011

Not A Morning Runner....

I'm not a morning runner.
I wish I was. But, hubby is just going to bed at 3 a.m. It's just not fair to have the alarm go off at 5 a.m. Plus, truth be told, I really don't like 5 a.m. :)
BUT....this morning, I got up and snuck out the door for a quick run. It was delightful. I got about a block down the road and decided it was just too beautiful out to have music in my ears. I put my ipod away and just soaked in all the sounds of the morning. The sun was coming up, the birds were chirping and there was just a sense of peaceful quiet.
I love the way morning runs leave me feeling....calm, balanced, and ready for the day. I don't have to worry about figuring out how, when, and where I'm going to get my run in!
I have a few goals for this summer:
1) I MUST cross-train. But I can't give up my runs. Yesterday, I went to the gym and did some weights, stairs and biking. It was great. I love that feeling. It's not that I want to lose any weight....I just want to tone what I've got.
2) I would like to be out the door for my run by 7 a.m. this summer! That would allow me to not stress about how to get my run in and have time to go to the gym for some good cross-training.
So, I'm not a morning runner.....YET!

4 comments:

  1. It's a GREAT feeling to have that run done first thing in the morning - plus, the temperature is sooo much nicer and I love the quiet peace of pre-dawn running. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a morning runner either, but on the days I actually do get it done in the early morning hours.... my day seems to flow so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love running in the morning!! And in the summer it is a MUST!

    One word for the cross training....YOGA! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your beyond NICE comment on my blog! I love this post. I never used to be a morning runner but now that I can only go running on Saturday mornings I miss it. It's an amazing feeling being done with a run and feeling accomplished before most people are rolling out of bed :)

    ReplyDelete