Then there is this sweet little boy who cleaned the living room and kitchen--top to bottom. He vacuumed and begged to mop. After the inside was done, he went outside and cleaned my car! He needed a little help, but for the most part he did it himself. He then scrubbed my tires, vacuumed the inside and organized our shoe rack! He has spent his day asking me if I'm happy. He's a pleaser and does not like it when things aren't balanced and happy.
But my favorite thing was having the boys ride their bikes with me on my run. I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again, there is something about being on "the road" together. Just like with running friends. What happens on the road, stays on the road. We have some of the neatest conversations out there together and today was no different!
Momma and her boys! Happy and sweaty!
Tonight, we will bbq steaks and halibut with my parents. The boys were so excited that they gave nana her gifts last night. It warms my heart to see my mom enjoy this day as much as I. There is no better gift. I feel so lucky to have my mom be a daily part of our lives. She is a role model, my rock, and simply the best.
What a perfect day!! I love it when my kids go with me while I run.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mothers Day!
Can you send your boys over here??? WOW! Awesome. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful day!
ReplyDeletewow great kids!
ReplyDeleteGreat day!! Thanks for stopping by! I am already thinking EUGENE for next year. I will have to pick your brain sometime!
ReplyDeleteI LOVED THIS post.
ReplyDeleteMichelle - have I told you get today how awesome you are?!?
you. freaking. rock.