Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fun Run--Mother's Day Part 2!

My BIG Mother's Day Gift took place today.
The boys had been planning it since the day they saw the ad in the paper....the Balloon Stampede Fun Run....their gift? To run it with me! BOTH OF THEM!
Yes, Eugene was an incredible gift that we all shared. But to run with my kids and to have them like it, well, I'll tell you, there really is nothing better.
Nicholas ran almost 75% of this! He will tell you straight up that he "does not" run.
I'll tell ya', it was so cute.
He kept saying, "This is the best Mother's Day gift, isn't it?"
"I get it now, why they call it a FUN run. It is fun."
Not once did he complain, he never asked how much further, he just wanted to run with me.
And where is Jacob? Well, he was a little faster than us, so he ran with Nik. I was able to sprint through a little path and catch a quick photo of them! They were having a great time.
In typical Jacob fashion, my dad said that he talked the ENTIRE way. :) Hee, hee.
This was Nicholas' and me attempting to take a picture of him in motion.
















Here we are, we are inching our way to the finish line and passing as many people as we could! Yes, he has my competitive streak.













Here is Jacob at the finish line! Happy as can be. This boy is always up for a party!
















And you can see that Nik had him sprinting to the end too! Here they are afterwards...both sweaty, happy and officially pooped out for the rest of the day! We all headed to our favorite local "dive" and had a big time breakfast!
Yep, my family has managed to make the official Mother's Day last for a whole month. :)

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME, truly awesome. Hubby asked me what I wanted for Mothers Day and I said "to run" so I booked a race on Mothers Day and DD ran the Kids 1K.....it was the perfect day :)
    Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic gift!! You can tell what a good time everyone was having.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so blessed with such a fun, supportive family! Happy Mother's Month!! (Hey, maybe that will catch on for the rest of us.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a better gift than this? I don't think so! Love it - congrats to the whole family!!!

    ReplyDelete