What is it about Week 7 of marathon training?
All the blogs I read seem to have bumps in training. And that would be me last week! Grrrr.....
My long run on Sunday didn't happen for a variety of reasons. Nik was in Spokane. I was feeling terrible and I just didn't want to run my 18 alone. So I flipped my miles. I ran 10 on Sunday but it was miserable. I didn't even take my watch before I left. It was windy and cold. Those were seriously junk miles.
I pushed out 8 on Monday to ease my guilt. I felt sick still! The thing about this being sick are that I'm not down and out, but man, I feel terrible.
Today, when I woke up, I thought for sure I'd be at the doctor's office by the end of the day, but as the day went on, I started feeling better. I took yesterday as a rest day and then busted out a tempo run today. It was great! I could've held that pace for twice as long. Phew. Tomorrow, I'm going to a spin class and then Friday I'll take a nice easy long run. I'm hopeful for 18 on Sunday and feel a little more ready. The weather is not cooperating, but maybe by Sunday it will be Spring!
I am also teetering about what my goal is for Eugene. I really like having a heavy training schedule. I'm pushing myself like I never have before. Originally, my goal was to qualify for Boston (3:45:00). But they've changed the rules and registering and it kind of deflated me.
So, I've now decided that I have 3 goals.
My A goal--super stoked: 3:40
My B goal--would be happy: 3:45
My C goal--not happy, but glad to have PRed again: 3:50
I plan on getting in my cross training this month because I want to do the Sweet Onionman on May 29th.
I guess everyone has to have some rough weeks. They make you appreciate the good ones and make you realize that this whole training does not depend on one week. That's a good thing. Life can be mentally taxing and that takes a huge toll on how I perform. It's all a web that blends into one another to form a stronger me.
What is the Sweet Onionman!? I've tried Googling it, but come up with nada.
ReplyDeleteWow you have had a rough week! I thought the sleepless nights ended when your kids were in school. I am beginning to think as a mom your sleepless nights never end. Glad you are all starting to feel better. Have fun training for the tri. I think Dave may do that too if he can get a training schedule figured out! Take care of yourself Michelle!
ReplyDeleteyep, we certainly all have bad weeks...get them out of the way!
ReplyDeleteThose look like great goals! Good luck! I hear Eugene is a great PR and BQ course! =)