
I think this is the real reason they wanted to carve pumpkins. Simply so they could destroy them. And I have to admit, this kept them entertained for at least an hour!
You'll notice that they're wearing shorts. We really have been fortunate this year with the weather. It has been unseasonably warm. That means that they have been able to be outside a little longer and get out their jillies.
But today, that changed. Not only was the weather cold and rainy, but with the time change, their day was ALL in a tizzy. I seem to forget each year how much "work" it is to keep them entertained in the winter. Yes, their rooms are full of toys, but they often have nothing to do. I'm only human and can only play monopoly so many times. I feel like I spend such large part of the day negotiating how long the TV can be on, how much time can be spent on the computer or which Wii game I'm going to limit. Admittedly, they were in GREAT moods today, but completely ANNOYING. The silliness was bouncing off the walls and my nerves. They had WAY too much screen time for my liking, but they're still alive, so that is a good sign. We took them to the YMCA to play raquetball. That certainly helped.
On a bright note, to celebrate daddy's first paycheck last night, we went out to dinner out Sweet Basil with Nik & Nanna (our favorite pizza place), to Bright's (candy shop) for ice cream and then home to watch Toy Story 3. I was pretty sentimental. This is the first movie we have memories of watching with the boys and the message was really special at the end. We made out the hide-a-bed and ALL piled in. And when I say ALL, I mean every pet too.
It was rather COZY.
I'm going to have to find a balance for this winter. Because I'm the "lone" parent during the week, we can't be battling the screen all the time. On the other hand, sometimes the alternative is CRAZY! I'm up for suggestions....
No comments:
Post a Comment