Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Update...

One month later, and I think we have finally settled into our summer "routine". It took us a few weeks to get the kinks out, but here we are. (not to mention that Nana is back and that certainly helps!) My kids, and yes me, are pretty pathetic without nana around. Our moods have perked back up since she is around to brighten our days.
Our days consist of some kind of morning activity--they've had tennis lessons, swimming lessons and plenty of bike rides. Next week is soccer camp & yard art. The following week is outdoor camp. Today we are taking a group of boys to our local aquatic center. I've been able to run, bike, and swim. Yesterday, I did all 3! I felt very accomplished.
Daddy is in school for the summer and gets home around 4. Taking the Wii away was my most brilliant idea. They are much less combative with it gone. We do make sure to have 30 minutes of quiet everyday. Yesterday, my friend Jim enrolled them in an on-line academic program...moans & groans from the kids, bliss from me! They have played more in their rooms the last two weeks than I think they did all last year.
We are looking forward to a trip to Silverwood, Jenn & Travis' wedding, my 20-year reunion and Michael's birthday. I'll keep posting!

2 comments:

  1. You summer sounds like it's moving along nicely. What a cute family you have and who is Nana, exactly? Sounds like I want her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so busy!

    I don't think my daughter has touched the video games at all this summer. That is so nice! She is really into crafting, reading (she has read her "kids" bible cover to cover - w/out me asking her to!) and imaginative play outside. It is so wonderful! She requires about a hour of quiet time a day. I think it is the age gap between her and her little brother. But I too like my "me" time so I make sure she gets hers.

    Great job on the triple workout day. How great did you feel that day?!!

    ReplyDelete