Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Music to my Ears...

I had been outside watering plants and heard incredible amounts of noise inside. The guitars, two sets of drums, electric piano and cymbals were all in the living room being played, simultaneously by daddy, Jacob and Nicholas. And while it was LOUD...to have them all actually quiet (a.k.a. no voices--wants, needs or requests) was music to my ears.
Up at 6 am and out for a run with the dog, breakfast/coffee with hubby and make his lunch (I like to do it), home with kids all day, lunch, laundry, chores, swimming, dinner...phew. Give me a classroom full of kids any day! I love them all, but by the end of the day, I love them more when they are tucked in bed! And let me tell you, saying that out loud makes me feel incredibly guilty. I do love being able to have the summers off with my children. Probably part of my exhaustion is that nana has been gone for two weeks. She is so great about taking the boys a few times a week so I can get out or Michael and I can go on a date. Believe me, the boys are pretty "easy"...but their energy is tiring by the end of the night. Love them, I really do, it has just been one of those days. And since it's my blog, I guess I can say whatever I want.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, Love the honesty! I looked at my mom the other day and said "I forgot how exhausting this is". Truly I feel just as tired as I did when I was teaching but I feel much less stressed as well so I guess I will take the tired. I love those early morning runs, hard to get out of bed but so worth it in the end. Especially with this heat! Take care and keep being honest. We all think that:)

    ReplyDelete