I made them put the fort away last night.
They wanted to resurrect it this morning. I agreed. I left daddy in charge of fort building while I went on a run.
When I came back in, there was a serious man cave in my living room. It is still there tonight, but has two boys sleeping in it.
The sign that welcomed me when I came in the door from my run said "Welcome to Jacob and Nicholas Fort--It's Bigger Than You Think!" (by Jacob)
"For Sale--$8000. Comes with a TV merote" (by Nicholas) and no, that is not a typo, he said a merote, which he has called the remote since he could speak.
There were signs all over the fort, my fake plants on the outside with my decorative rocks around them, a toy box with fake guns, 2 bags of doritos, the contents of their desks (pens, pencils, paper, ruler, etc...) daddy's flashlights, and I'm afraid to look any deeper inside. I'm pretty sure that every last stitch of scotch tape I have in this house is now holding that fort together.
So, we were saps and let them go to sleep in it. They are in their sleeping bags. There is no way they can sleep in there...hardly enough space for them together. I imagine when I get up they'll either be on the couches or back in their beds. But I told them no matter what they did, they were to NOT wake me up! :) I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment