9:00--Good night, boys. Don't wake me up if you can't sleep here. Just go back to bed.
9:01--Oh, we won't. This is just perfect!
9:02-9:15--Miscellaneous shrieks and giggles.
9:15-9:30--Movement. Can't really tell what's going on but things are changing.
9:45--Jacob arrives at my door. "Mom, I'm not waking you up, just telling you that I'm going back to my own bed. " Me...smiles, blows kisses and awaits cherrub #2.
9:46--Nicholas arrives at my door. "It's too scary without Jacob."
9:47--Hallway light goes on and voices begin to whisper.
9:48--I get up. They look freaked. "Mom, we're trying to devise a plan to make this work," says Jacob. Me..."Too late. Good night." Nicholas..."What if you make a pallet for us instead?" Evil eye and both boys go to bed.
For the record, they cleaned the fort up the next morning. And feeling bad that they really hadn't gotten to do a whole lot on spring break, I made them a very comfy pallet in the living room last night. Rented them a great movie and let them stay up until 9:30 watching it! When I got up this morning, they looked just as peaceful as when I left them.
I'm sad to see spring break over, but I also know that it brings us that much closer to summer! Tonight, we start heading back to school bedtime...They're pretty tired after the last few late nights, so I think it will be easy.
They're good boys and have been real troopers being stuck inside for the week. Love them!
No comments:
Post a Comment