Saturday, June 15, 2013

We Made It!

Despite some days of serious doubt....

WE MADE IT TO SUMMER!

Here we are on the first day of the school year.
And here we are on the last day of the school year.
My guess is that by the end of the summer and the first day of BOTH of them heading to Middle School, I will definitely be squashed in the middle and short guy on the block.

There has been lots of activity going on for me and I'm super thankful.
Weights, biking and running.  My goal for the summer is to do one unassisted pull-up, consistently get back in the pool and to do one mystery activity a week with my boys.
Morning runs at a slow pace keep pain away.



Dad and I on our Sunday ride.
 
And in other important news....Jacob started work this week.  I am so proud of him!
The day after school got out, he was up at 5:30 and ready to go become a Klicker Strawberry Picker.  It's a rite of passage if you live in Walla Walla.  He came home all smiles and ready to go back.
Although Nicholas missed his brother and felt pretty left out, we've got mowing in mind for him this summer...I'm sure he'll lose that feeling pretty quick.
Purple hands, dirty pants and big ol' smile!

Five-ish flats for his first day!  Not bad. 

Nicholas couldn't wait to see him and was happy to carry the working-mans things.

 So, here's to summer!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like they grew a lot taller over the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strawberry picker reminds me of the couple years I detassled corn in Iowa. Icky job, but I was pretty proud of my own money, as I'm sure your son is!

    Welcome to summer, indeed. It is super hot here in Denver already.

    I love how your son's wearing a Boston jacket, too! If it is yours, I'm not sure how you could give it to him; mine are pretty sacred and if anyone touches them, they are grounded! :)

    Happy Summer, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete