Not being able to run, or really do ANYTHING cardiovascularly has left me feeling out of control.
I could've been going and doing limited upper body weights, but it just sucks. It sucks watching other people, it sucks feeling lame and it is like a tease.
When I first had to take time off from running, I lost weight.
Let me rephrase that, I lost muscle.
Let me rephrase that, I lost muscle.
Granted, I'm only 3 pounds off of where I left off from running,
but I feel marshmallowy.
but I feel marshmallowy.
As I slowly (seriously slowly) start adding back activities, I felt the need to be more in control with my eating. I had let it get out of hand. And one thing I've learned over the last two months is that running doesn't control my weight (phew). I do!
I did an all natural cleanse this weekend and started journaling my food last week.
My friend Jenny mentioned an all natural product that she uses and so I jumped on the bandwagon. I've been pretty happy. I refuse to "starve" or limit myself. But, this has done neither. It has helped my sweet tooth and logging what I eat makes a big difference too. I'm not following the food plan they have laid out, because I feel confident in my knowledge and know what my body needs to run correctly. Not having the sugar craving has been a HUGE help, I believe.
Here is a pic from my first day.
And here is a pic from 4 days later.
I'd call that progress.
Stay tuned.
Yesterday, I ran the garbage can out and then ran back to the house. It felt so good to stretch. So I decided to just "test it out" last night at the Y. I was so giddy with excitement and nervous with anticipation.
15 minutes...1 mile...and 2 of those minutes were spent running. I cranked my ipod and wanted to sing to the whole gym. While it was pissing me off at the time, I do appreciate that my husband ran right next to me and refused to let me push the speed button. He also forced me off at a mile. Pain free? Not exactly. It didn't HURT. It just felt tight and achy. Most of my pain is centralized in my pelvis right now. Today I swim. I also did some weights and light core work. This morning I feel pretty good. Stiff and achy, but I'm hoping it will get better over the day.
I am determined to be a more well rounded athlete this time around.



Wow! Impressive before & after shots! I'd love to hear more about the product that you're using. And I like to know which cleanse you did.
ReplyDeleteYou look great! So glad that you are able to get moving again.
glad to hear you're back at it again......have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteGirl...those are some crazy pics! Glad you have found some balance and are hanging in there. Injury can be so hard!!
ReplyDelete