My crotch has lost all sacredity.
Today, yet another man was down there poking around.
Since April, there have been 4 strangers checking me out. Thank goodness my husband makes me feel best. :)
Yes, today I went to acupuncture. You'd think after hearing it this many times, I'd get it. REST. As in, really, REST. Don't test out activities to see if they're going to hurt. They are. No situps, no running, swimming, biking, deadlifts, yoga, etc....Nada. I can't help that I teach on the 3rd floor of our building and must go up & down the stairs at least 5 times per day. Sitting is so HARD for me.
"You're in bad shape." Gee, thanks.
That being said, I left much more hopeful today than I have any other appointments. He said he would give me the "green light" when it was time. I'm good with that.
Acupuncture HURT like of a son of a gun. It hurt almost as much as the cortizone shots, but in different way. The cortizone shots were over pretty quickly, but this lasted. You can feel it messing with your muscles. It was a good hurt, but HURT nonetheless.
Oh the things we'll do to get our body back in alignment with the stars.
Patience bites.
"My crotch has lost all sacredity."
ReplyDeleteMade me laugh out loud. Sorry. I know how desperately difficult this is for you. Resting when you don't want to rest flat out sucks. But sometimes we have to these tough things for the "greater good."
I fully empathize. I just packed up most of my running clothes & I'm canceling my gym membership tomorrow, all for the "greater good." It just isn't the right time for me to be devoting excess time/money to running. Sigh. Regardless of the reasons we all have, putting our WANTS behind our NEEDS is always so hard.
I hope your time off passes quickly!
Love the title! I injured my SI joint last month and have been going through PT for it. One thing they are doing is Dry Needling. I would guess it's worse than acupucture. These needles don't stay in one place; they move them around! And it's on my inner thigh to boot (like I have to shave my bikini line before every visit). One day after she was done poking my thigh, I said, "Whew, can I have a cigarette?" Gotta have a sense of humor when your in pain! Right?!?!
ReplyDelete