Saturday, August 4, 2012

One man's trash....

....is Michael and Nicholas' treasure.
My boys love to go to estate sales.  Jacob and I...not so much.  We are pretty much grossed out by going through other people's belongings and the filth that they typically live in.  But send Nicholas & Michael in and they can find a diamond in the rough.  

We got this couch for $50!  It is mint!  Never used and has a king size hide-a-bed.
We got a set of these lamps for $10.  I think we have looked for at least 6 months for lamps for our room, but they are so darn expensive!

Today, we all went to a sale at a place that has been an eye sore in Walla Walla for as long as I can remember.  It is shed, upon house, upon storage unit for acres.  (It is so big, they plan on have an estate sale for the next 5 weeks!)  But today, we landed this 1951 Philco radio/phonograph model for $15.
We took it from looking dirty and shambled to making a great TV stand in our bedroom.
Nicholas spotted this oil can right at the beginning and spent the afternoon scrubbing the rust off of it and making it look like such a treasure.

Jacob and I found about 10 ash trays (or candle holders?)  I had seen this project in someones yard and decided that these would be perfect for it.  I bought some glass stones and rebar.  We glued down the stones.  Attached the rebar to the back and ended up with a garden of beautiful flowers.
Yard art for under $20 all together!
Placing our stones.

Attaching the rebar.

Placing them in the yard.





I guess I'll be headed back to go through more trash.....rrrr....ummmmm treasures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment