I celebrated my 5th year teaching with this wonderful team! Elissa, in the red, celebrated retirement this year. We will be welcoming a new teaching partner in the fall.
Jacob cleaned house with many outstanding and prestigious awards. He was one of three students to be recognized for outstanding citizenship and behavior during his entire K-5 experience at Green Park. They have to maintain a "necklace" for all their years in order to win this award.
(Nicholas is on track to do the same.)
Experiencing the last day of Elementary School with Jacob was priceless. It is fun watching him spread his wings and be so confident in his own skin.
Nicholas received many awards too. He is much less enthusiastic on the outside but thrilled on the inside! :) I can hardly wait to share his 5th grade year with him too!
Jacob self-posing.
Nicholas, NOT.
So this summer brings for us....swimming lessons, tennis lessons, golf lessons, football camp (for Nicholas), soccer camp (for both) and an athletic development camp. Sounds busy, but none of them overlap and they seem really excited about them all. Plus, the place where they are taking most of these camps is only about 1/2 mile from our house. They have been enjoying their independence by walking or biking there without me. The first few times, my stomach was full of butterflies for them, but they were so excited to be doing it on their own. It makes me happy that they don't "need" me for everything. I know they are on the right path.
As for me.....it's nice to have running in the backseat. I am running almost everyday. Swimming twice a week. Taking weight classes at the Y. But they are all pressure free. No races in my future. No desire to race anytime soon. I feel content right where I'm at.
Today, after swimming, we have a counter full of fresh fruit (from Klickers) that we will be cutting up to devour!
Gotta love summertime in Walla Walla!
Klicker Berries!?!? Oh, my mouth is watering. My dad used to pick Klicker strawberries when he was a boy.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great summer! And if it makes you feel any better, I frequently send my kids off to their sports practices (& home again) by themselves. I loved roaming all over Walla Walla on my own when I was a kid, and there is no way I would deny my kids that same empowering experience. It's pretty much the main reason why we live in a quiet (boring) small town rather than a big (exciting) city.
good citizens = huge yay
ReplyDelete