Monday, June 27, 2011

GOALS...

It's funny how your goals can change in an instant.
After Eugene, I found myself saying phrases like...
"No training for me for a while."
"I want to run, just to run."
"I think I'm done racing. From now on, I'm just going to run for fun."
And I DO still think those things, but on Saturday my legs were ON FIRE! (In a good way!)
I was thinking about my friend Amy running her marathon, my friend Marcella competing in her IRONMAN and all of my bloggy buddies who were running a half. And suddenly it hit me and I felt inspired, excited and giddy.....I want to run a half with SPEED!
I'm still working on the logistics. But I'm thinking the WW Half in October. That way, I can stick to my current schedule of running 5 days a week/weights for 2 through the summer and then really start pouring on the speed work in August.
I guess we all need a goal.

2 comments:

  1. That itch never seems to go away. :) Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way: I look forward to relaxing and not having a race to work toward, but then I want one. Whatever!

    ReplyDelete