Sunday, May 30, 2010

Our new set of Rules...

I don't love Oprah, BUT I must admit catching segments of her when I have a chance. And last weeks show was a great one on organizing. Now, the organizing, I'm pretty good at. But, they put up a list of 5 rules every family should live by. Then, your job was to make them work for your family. So, as a family, we came up with this set of rules for us to live by. (I hope...)

Carpenter Family Rules

1. No electronics between 4 pm and bedtime.

Limited to one hour of computer OR

Wii time per day.

2. Dinner together at the table 3 times per week. Saturday or Sunday breakfast.

3. Saturday, every one clean up all items and help with laundry. Each person in charge of one chore.

4. You must hug and say “I Love You” or one nice thing to each family member once a day.

5. Mommy and daddy date night twice a month. Family date night/activity once a week.

Spend time together

Be more active

Eat healthy

Respect each other, Love one another,

Help each other

This house is built on LOVE and FAMILY

You know, really, we do a good job of most of these things.

We focus on one another, spend time together, but it just seems that having it posted where we all have to look at it on a daily basis will make us all a little more accountable. I don't think there is anything wrong with subtle reminders and revisiting the foundation of family.

It makes us stronger, healthier and better all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment