We woke up this morning to balloons (hot air balloons) in the sky.
This weekend is the Balloon Stampede...one of my favorite times in Walla Walla.
There was no wind, sunny skies and not a cloud in sight. There must have been at least 20 balloons up. I swear, they just make you smile.
The boys were elated when they got up. They kept checking out the front windows between their morning jobs. We drove the "long" way to school...if you can call it that. We say balloons landing, balloons hovering and balloons floating across the sky. We all noticed that people driving were a little bit slower and a lot happier! So many walkers out with smiles on their faces, looking up to the sky!
Jacob and I are hydrating tonight for our big fun run in the morning! Our first one together. We have baseball tomorrow afternoon and the night glow that evening. A big run on Sunday for me and the day with my 3 favorite men. I'll try to post on Sunday with pictures. But I just didn't want to forget the feeling we had this morning. We are so lucky to live here.
I LOVE the Balloon Stampede. You'll have to remind me in advance next year, and maybe I'll see if I can bring my kids to see it. Especially the Night Glow. So fun!
ReplyDeleteI actually got to go up one year during the Balloon Stampede. But we sort of crashed coming down. I still loved it though! And I'd do it again in a heart beat.