Writing always starts out as a selfish act for me.
Something on my heart, in my mind and circling my soul.
Writing always gives back to me....different thoughts, tough questions, new friends, an angry reader, and a plethora of memories. This blog is just one of my outlets.
As I've spent the summer going through boxes, I've found unopened letters, love letters and journals galore.
As I've printed out the years of this blog, I have watched relationships build, read how I made some people feel and seen my writing ebb & flow.
As I start to write more professionally and with purpose, I won't lose my voice. Because my voice--right or wrong in your opinion is mine. I would never write something that I wouldn't say to someone in person.
I think about how I've grown as a wife, mother, runner and educator. Reflecting back on these pages is a learning experience in itself.
I'm going to keep writing.
For myself, for you, and for them.
As a wife and mother: these words are for them to KNOW all of me. I love my husband and children to the depths of my soul. There is nothing that I wouldn't give for them. As a wife and stepmother: these are the values, struggles and messages that I hope you carry forward into your life. I love my two "step"boys not because I have to, but because I want to. I respect their mothers--the choices and sacrifices they have made. As a runner: what a ride...I hope it makes you want to join in. And as an educator: may you be inspired. May you question with the right questions and always keep children as your focus.
Keep writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment