I am hopeful that I can remember what we did this week, because I really DID enjoy it. The boys were really on their best behavior and oh so helpful. It was nice to feel like I was able to be a good wife, mother and runner for a week. I can truly say that I ENJOYED this break. I didn't over clean, over do or OVER anything!
We started off by leaving right after school on Friday and heading over to Seattle. It was such a treat to just get away and be away.....The boys were so well behaved and received so many compliments on their behavior. I do get great peace from the fact that Michael and I have raised polite young men.
So, upon arriving home on Sunday, I managed to get all the laundry caught up and beds changed. We relaxed for the evening and spent some time with Nik and Nanna.
MONDAY--The boys hung out with nanna for the morning, daddy went to his meeting...today was a big day for him! Not only did he celebrate something "big", but he also got a call from his work telling him that he was being offered a FULL TIME, PERMANENT position with Key Technology!!! We have been waiting for this and feel so lucky to finally have the word! I got in a 22-mile run in the wind and rain...it was miserable, seriously, but it was also 4 minutes faster than my last one, so I'll take it.
TUESDAY--It was rainy again and windy. The boys started little league and had practice. It was freezing! We did a little grocery shopping and mostly recouped from our long weekend. I played an incredibly long but entertaining game of pictionary with the boys. They are quite characters.
WEDNESDAY--The boys biked with me on my run. Poor kids...their hands were little frozen ice cubes by the time we got home. Jacob complained the whole way, Nicholas saved it up for a BIG melt down when we got home. We also took a quick drive over to Tri-Cities to pick up something for Poppa.
THURSDAY--I went and had coffee with my dear friend Amy at her house. We talked about running, school, running, husbands, running, yards, running...you get the idea. She is definitely my soul sister and someone who I have such a high level of respect for. I went and picked the boys up from my mom. It was so nice to get to spend some time with Michael every day. We had a relatively nice day, but super windy. The boys and I worked in the yard. Then, they had practice again. COLD! I got a lot of papers corrected and they had a good time with their team. We went over to nik & nana's and had a yummy dinner. The boys decided to stay the night and I had an evening at home alone. It was a little weird, but fun & quiet.
FRIDAY--I got up and went for a GUILT FREE RUN! It was DELIGHTFUL!!! When I got home, Michael and I went and picked up the boys and took them downtown to have pizza at our favorite place. He worked overtime, so the boys and I did a BIG clean of the house. I have decided that I need every Friday off to get the house in order for the weekend. I was so proud of them because they took it upon themselves to go outside and sweep the whole driveway and sidewalk so that daddy would have one less thing to do on the weekend. They did a great job! Nicholas and I cooked a really YUMMY dinner and then nanna took them to a Zumba fundraiser at the Y. They had an absolute blast! I found myself at home alone AGAIN! :) This time I just wrapped up all the cleaning I had been doing....with LOUD music and a glass of wine. Pretty fun.
SATURDAY--Today, we did some more yard work as a family. Jacob and daddy cleaned my car inside and out. Nicholas and I went for a bike ride. Then, the boys told Michael and I to stay out front. They took it upon themselves to blow off the back patio, clean the table, set up the chairs, move the BBQ and sweep the sidewalks. It looked amazing. Very proud of them. Tonight we are going over to Nanna's for dinner. Then we are going to come home and watch "Little Fockers". Michael is out on his motorcycle right now and then headed to the Y for a workout.
Tomorrow, I'll be headed out on my last long run for Eugene and then begin a slight taper. I'm going to toy with not tapering as much. We'll see. I have a post in my mind for this training cycle, but not sure I'm ready to share it yet.
I really noticed this week how much the boys can't live without each other. They both have qualities that the other yearns for...it is a nice compliment to one another. They did a lot of drawing, playing shooting, bike riding and giggling together this week. It was a joy.
Let the count down to summer begin!
guilt free running ... awesome
ReplyDeleteHi! Thanks for your comment on the "Dear Boston" blog. My friend, who happens to be a coach, just posted a blog post/link that made me think of YOU ~ you should check it out if you have a few free minutes. Because, you never know what will happen until Marathon day is upon you and you're in it.... http://www.runrichmond.com/post/4809076576/mandatory-reading
ReplyDelete