
I am so excited for my first entry!
Christmas was glorious as usual although, this year was a little bit different. Michael and I didn't find ourselves putting together any toys at wee hours of the morning! We quietly went about our Santa business with ease and efficiency. No batteries, no plastic wrap, no twist ties, no screwdrivers, no nothing! It was odd, but SO pleasant.
The boys woke up at 6:45. Racquet ball equipment, new books and real bow & arrow sets awaited them. They were thrilled. But what moved me most was the excitement they had in giving people the gifts they had picked out. This year, Jacob made all of his gifts and knew exactly who was going to receive them.
Legos and wii games were the highlights of their gifts under the tree and it seems we have been playing with those things since the moment they were opened. The lego sets....ugh. Good for the mind, hard on the mommy! Patience....lots of it.
As for our year of 2009, I once again feel blessed. Although we are in a very difficult time of life, I am hopeful that the doors begin to open for us. We have so much to be thankful for. Let the blog begin!
That sounds like a very MERRY Christmas! And I love the picture. What a bunch of Cool Dudes!
ReplyDeleteI love your first post and I can't wait to read more.
You know your mom and I will be fans ...
ReplyDeleteI feel blessed to know the Nichols and the Carpenters
ReplyDeleteWell I made it in!!!!!! Your aunt is only 1/2 computer literate. Love it, keep posting.
ReplyDelete